Friday, June 10, 2011

1st Essay of final


                                                                                  Ismael Martinez
                                                                                  period:4

                                    Cultural Bridge
         The protagonist from the movie Chak De relates to me because we have our similarities and differences. For example when he gets the team of woman and all they do is just argue and fight. I’ve had a similar situation like that. He is also determined to achieve success and that’s sort of like me. Some difference though is that one he is older than me. He also agitated than me because of when his “girls” try to kick him out of the team by voting him off as captain.
         The similarities we have to do with our persona. For example he doesn’t give up when he gets a team who don’t get along and try to start fighting. I’ve had this similar situation because when I was in Mexico for my birthday I have a little sister too and a nephew. At first they didn’t get along because during the party my nephew got curious about hair I guess and pulled my sister’s hair real hard. I guess he got curious because my sister had long hair and he had short hair and it was his first time seeing my little sister. Also the couch was determined to win the championship and not lose the first round because earlier in the movie they had to play against the male team and they got their butts wooped but because they showed determination and skills and sportsmanship they let the girls compete.
         Me and the protagonist from this movie are also different. For example he is much older than me but I guess that doesn’t really matter in this situation. He also gets agitated very easily I guess because he wants to train these girls and make them become close like a family I guess but when he found out that all they can do argue and fight all the time he started to get very impatient and agitated because of this. Unlike me I’m a very calm person when it comes to situations like these. Yes I get very mad and agitated at times like when it comes to things like things that interests me like games.
                I don’t know if I could handle all the pressure that The protagonist in Chak De had but what I do know is that In many ways we are similar but also different as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment